Minutes of Board Meeting January 25, 2016
BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Alicia McVicker, Ann Lawson, Marie Giusto, Bob Wildman, Jane Peet, Jim Peet, Dot Steeves


The meeting was called to order at 5:10 p.m. by President Alicia McVicker.

SECRETARY: On motion made and seconded the Minutes of the last meeting were approved as written.

TREASURER: In Sally’s absence there was no report but she had sent copies of the December 2015 Balance Sheet and Budget Income and Expenses for the Fiscal Year 2015/2016 to all Board Members in advance of this meeting.

V.P. MEMBERSHIP: Jim had nothing new to report.

V.P. SOCIAL: : Marie reported that there are no alcoholic beverages left in our inventory and our first party with no wine or beer supplied will be coming up on Valentine’s Day. She will bring a case of water and a cooler with ice. Party goods and coffee will be provided. Jane suggested we have punch. Marie will make it. Marie has over 20 signed up so far. She noted that attendees should be cautioned about treating the furniture in the Campbell’s home with respect.

V.P. SPECIAL: Ann reported that she has already been approached by Bob Chapman regarding the number of females on the trip who will receive his gift of roses. She has 19 signed up for the trip to Snowmass. Ann said that Ingrid Wicken wants our trophy case for her Ski Library in Norco and plans will be made to transfer it there in the spring. A copy of Ann’s report is attached to these minutes.

NACHRICHTEN: Jane will make the necessary changes to the President’s message in the Nachrichten to bring it up to date. She has also inserted a page of changes to the roster. Jane hopes to go to press tomorrow.

ADVISOR: Bob advised that the New Year’s Eve party was a huge success with 30 GSC’ers and their friends in attendance.

PRESIDENT: Alicia asked whether the Peets would consider submitting the newsletter for the Communication Award. They declined to do so. Our GSC election is to be held on April 20th. Alicia received a wonderful letter from the Konzetts in Grindelwald inviting the Club to stay with them. Alicia responded by saying she would talk to the Board. There was some comment that it would be a great trip but probably not feasible at this time.

OLD BUSINESS: Bob followed up on his comment made at our last meeting that no one he had spoken to had shown any interest in running for office this year. Bob now feels that the choice seems to be working without a board or disbanding the club. He made the point that Marie is basically running Social without any help and suggests that people could step up and run an event in a more unstructured way. Marie says that a non profit organization can’t disband with money in the bank and we need to know the legalities. Ann says that Sally will know more about this as she has just gone through something similar with the Autry. There was a lot of discussion with all Board members participating. Alicia suggested that Marie send a blast to the membership regarding this issue. Jane suggested putting an article in the Nachrichten entitled “Save Our Club” including a notice of an open membership meeting on February 17th to discuss the future of GSC. It was agreed that Ann would contact all members with such a notice.

The next meeting will be on February 29th at Ann and Bob’s.

There being no further business before the Board the meeting was adjourned at 6:04 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,
Dorothy Steeves, Secretary
Grindelwald Ski Club P. O. Box 91694
Pasadena, CA 91109-1694
Member of FWSA & L.A. Council
All rights reserved.

Return to Home Page